How to save $$$ on your wedding!
The #1 rule is to shop around, just because you find a dress you love in the first store you see doesn’t mean you can’t find a dress you love just as much (possibly more!) at another store for an even better price. You won’t know unless you look!
Some other ideas:
- Book in the off season (the hall will be cheaper, food possibly too)
- Book during the week instead of a weekend
- Make your own (or have a crafty friend make) bouquets, table settings, and gifts
- Make your own or use pre-made wedding invitations (there are matching sets all ready to go, just use your home printer or take it to your local Kinkos)
- Keep the wedding and/or wedding party small. The fewer the people, the less the cost. In fact, if the wedding is small enough, think about renting a back room at your favourite restaurant!
- Don’t be afraid to buy a dress from the rack, last season’s dresses are just as beautiful as this years and the savings can be amazing!
- Have a cash bar
- Use an mp3 player or iPod as your DJ
- Have a family member step in as the MC
- See if the hall will allow you to bring in some of your own food, like desserts
- Have a buffet style dinner instead of having servers
- Barter/Trade – I had a friend who’s a lawyer tell me she bartered wills for wine for her sister’s wedding!
If you have any more tips, please comment, I’d love to hear them! 😀