Canadian Personal Finance Conference 2013
Last week we talked about the personal finance conference coming up in October, FinCon2013. Some of you may also be interested in the Canadian Personal Finance Conference, CPFC2013, that is scheduled for September 21st-22nd in Toronto, Ontario. This will be the third year for CPFC and many of the well know personal finance bloggers and writers will be there.
Friday night of the conference is an optional social night for those who get in earlier that day and would like some time to meet others and socialize before the conference begins. The conference will run all day Saturday and Sunday with a speed networking event Saurday evening. As of right now tickets on the website are sold out but there is a place where you can request to be added to the waitlist. For events like these there are usually tickets that come available as it gets closer from those who planned on going but end up not being able to attend after all.
Speakers scheduled so far for the event include some well known names including;
- Rob Carrick The Globe & Mail –Personal Finance Columnist Rob Carrick has been writing about personal finance, business and economics for close to 20 years.
- Kerry K. Taylor Squawkfox.com- “Where frugal living is sexy, delicious, and fun.” Squawkfox.com is one of the most successful personal finance blogs on the internet.
- Dan Bortolotti CanadianCouchPotato.com-“Your complete guide to index investing.”CanadianCouchPotato.com is the gold standard blog for index investors. The Globe and Mail selected his blog as the Best Investing Blog in Canada in 2011.
- Bruce Sellery Personal Finance columnist and author of Moolala –“Inspiring people to get a handle on their money so they can live the life they want”. Bruce Sellery is the author of the Globe & Mail bestseller, “Moolala: Why smart people do dumb things with money (and what you can do about it)”.
- Andrew Zimakas ING DIRECT Canada- Chief Marketing OfficerAs Chief Marketing Officer at ING DIRECT, Andrew Zimakas is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Marketing for the organization (including Customer Insights, Product, Digital/Social Media/PR, and Creative Services).
- Jonathan Chevreau MoneySense Magazine, Findependence Day- Personal Finance Editor & ColumnistJonathan Chevreau became editor of MoneySense Magazine in April of 2012.
- Mark Goodfield The Blunt Bean Counter- A tax expert who shares twenty-five years of experience in his tax blog.
and many more!