How Cyber Safe are You?
How Cyber Safe Are You In The Digital Age?
Canadians spend an average of six hours a day online.
What Devices Do Canadians Use To Access The Internet?
- 94% use a laptop or desktop computer
- 74% use smartphones
- 58% use tablets
- 25% use smart TVs
- 25% use gaming systems
Canadians protect their computers from online threats, but only 50% know of the risks to their other devices.
You Can Protect All Your Devices From Cyber Threats Using:
- Strong passwords
- Up-to-date security software
- Trusted sources to download content
How Do Canadians Stay Connected?
- 83% use secure home Wi-Fi
- 41% use cellular provider’s network
- 32% use public Wi-Fi
If You’re Using Wi-Fi On-The-Go:
- Use password protected Wi-Fi connections
- Don’t connect to unknown networks
- Turn off your Wi-Fi when not in use
What Are Canadians Doing Online?
- 98% checking email
- 85% banking online
- 83% reading news/watching TV
- 80% using social networks
- Do not open links or attachments that seem suspicious
- Never ‘auto-remember’ your passwords or personal info
- Update your privacy settings
For more tips on how to protect yourself and your devices online, visit GetCyberSafe.ca
*Statistics from Survey of Internet Users Regarding Cyber Security by EKOS Research Associates, 2017