Wi-Fi is great. If you can access it safely. Use these five tips to keep your devices and data safe!
- TIP 1: Don’t connect to unknown Wi-Fi networks. They are an open invitation for hackers to compromise unsecured devices.
- TIP 2: Choose your network wisely. “Evil twin” Wi-Fi hotspots are sometimes created in the same location to lure and attack unsuspecting mobile users.
- TIP 3: Turn off settings that automatically search for Wi-Fi networks to prevent your phone, tablet, or laptop from connecting to unsecured networks.
- TIP 4: Don’t bank or shop using public Wi-Fi. If you do, you may expose sensitive info to hackers using the same network.
- TIP 5: When on public Wi-Fi, look for secure connections that require a password.
Get more #WiseFi tips at http://GetCyberSafe.ca