What are the best Canadian credit cards of 2019?
CreditcardGenius announced the best Canadian credit cards of 2019. Using a math-based algorithm, 50 features of 184 credit cards were objectively analyzed and ranked in 24 categories.
At creditcardGenius, consumers can benefit from tailor-made credit card recommendations based on what they’re looking for from Canada’s best credit cards. The comparison engine calculates a Genius Rating based on 50 of the most important credit card features, including rewards, fees, interest, and insurance.
“Canadians have a lot of options when it comes to credit cards. It’s easy to get overwhelmed and just go with the first one they see, but they’ll be missing out on some major rewards if they do,” said Stephen Weyman, Co-Founder of creditcardGenius. “Our comparison engine was built to cut through the noise and get consumers what they need in the simplest way possible: a number out of 5.”
Using creditcardGenius’s application, consumers can see their recommendations change in real-time by choosing their preferences and spending habits. The Genius Ratings of all 184 cards then adjust based on how they would perform for the individual consumer.
Preview of creditcardGenuis Best Canadian Credit Card winners:
- Best Overall: American Express Cobalt Card
- Best Mastercard: BMO Air Miles World Elite Mastercard
- Best Visa: Scotiabank GM Visa Infinite
- Best American Express: American Express Cobalt Card
- Best Cash Back: Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite
- Best Travel: American Express Cobalt Card
- Best Foreign Exchange Travel: Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite
- Best Air Miles: BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard
- Best Student: BMO SPC CashBack Mastercard
- People’s Choice: Scotiabank SCENE Visa Card
To see the winners of all 24 categories, visit Best Credit Cards in Canada 2019.
The U.S. 2019 rankings can be found at creditcardGenius.com.