Air Canada and CIBC launch multicurrency prepaid card for travellers
New reloadable card holds up to 10 currencies and allows access to foreign exchange anytime via mobile app
Air Canada and CIBC (introduced a first-of-its-kind multicurrency prepaid card in Canada, allowing Canadians to purchase and store multiple currencies that can be used at retailers around the globe wherever Visa is accepted.
The CIBC Air Canada Conversion Visa Prepaid Card, available exclusively through Air Canada, is a reloadable prepaid card that allows clients to store up to 10 currencies on one card, all managed by a dedicated mobile app.
- Managing up to 10 currencies online or through the card’s mobile app without the worry of fluctuating foreign exchange rates
- Making point-of-sale, tap and pay transactions, ATM withdrawals and online purchases anywhere Visa is accepted – automatically in the local currency
- No additional fees when used at retailers
- Ability to view latest activities and purchases; check card balance(s); move funds between currencies
- Chip and PIN security, emergency card replacement and emergency cash disbursement bring peace of mind to cardholders
Air Canada carries 41 million customers each year to more than 200 destinations on six continents. To make their travels even more convenient, we have partnered with CIBC to create a prepaid global currency card. This innovative card gives travellers flexibility and security when dealing with foreign currencies so they can focus on exploring new places.
- Australian dollar-AUD
- Canadian dollar-CAD
- Great British pound-GBP
- Hong Kong dollar-HKD
- Japanese yen-JPY
- Mexican peso-MXN
- Swiss franc-CHF
- Turkish lira-TRY
- U.S. dollar-USD
The CIBC AC Conversion Visa Prepaid Card is available at no fee via acconversion.cibc.com.
How it works:
If you travel frequently, the CIBC AC Conversion Visa Card allows you to purchase foreign currency with your smartphone app at your convenience at a fixed Exchange rate. You will also have the benefit of chip and pin security, the ability to tap and pay, and one free ATM withdrawal per country each month.