March 28 is SCRUB Day!
How many social media accounts do you own? I used to belong to over 50 various social networks, many of which are now defunct! Some of thoses were actually hacked as well. I have not thought much about those until I heard about SCRUB day.
When did you last review your social media photos and friend lists?
To “SCRUB” your social media profiles, you should:
Set privacy options
- Limit who can see your posts and photos, and who can tag you.
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters.
Remove inappropriate posts
- Delete posts which reveal too much personal info or could be used to hurt you.
- Untag yourself from photos you don’t want on your profile and ask whoever posted the photos to delete them.
- Block follower requests and messages from strangers! They may be criminals trying to scam you, steal your personal information, or harm you.